1. Before the wedding, take time to write out individual jobs for the wedding helpers on small postcards. Leave them within the (hopefully) capable hands of your best man/maid of honour and let him/her distribute them on the day, leaving you to get on with the more serious work of being pampered and enjoying your champagne breakfast!
2. Lots of people worry about using songs within the church which aren't hymns. It's worth remembering that as you walk in the aisle, the mass hasn't officially started, also it ends prior to signing the register and exit. There are some beautiful contemporary songs that have just the right sentiment of these parts of your day and most priests are okay with that when they're chosen in taste. Think about songs that mean a lot to you - you might be surprised. Probably the most sacred part of the mass is the offertory/communion and it's always nice to use traditional hymns here.
3. When booking your evening entertainment, make sure to allow for speeches, clearing the area after the meal, and also the band set-up. For instance if you have a band booked to play from 8pm till 11pm, They'll be there to set up at about 7pm, but if they can't enter into the room, your night's entertainment is cut short... for a typical 6pm dinner serving, 9.30 is a good start time for your band.
4. Should there be particular groups of people you'd like to have a photo taken with on the day eg: school/ college friends/workmates etc. entrust someone responsible ie: best man/maid of honour to round them up at some point and bring them to you using the photographer. You will be so busy looking to get round everyone that you'd never reach do this yourself, but you will be so glad to have that special photo.
5. Before ordering flowers for that church, check if there is every other couple marriage in your church on the same day or next day, maybe you could refer to them as and suggest planning together to cut down on the costs.
6. If you are on a tight budget, you may consider booking the wedding on a Monday - Thursday. Plenty of companies can offer more competitive prices on nowadays because they're much less in demand as Friday or Saturday.
7. When searching for the perfect dress, don't rule out buying a simple white/cream evening dress and achieving it customized to your taste, it's amazing what you could come up with...
8. If you are handy with the computer, why don't you have a bash at doing all of your own invitations at home.
9. Why drive yourself crazy? if you see what you want, whether it fits your financial allowance, if it fits your body, buy it! Save your time avoid headaches and believe in instinct. Don't second guess and torture yourself by a weight mission to take a look at every other shop in the united states - just in case. If you think the very first or second dress you attempt on is 'the one', odds are - it is.
10. Wedding booklets with a perforated response card enable your guests in around the fun! Ask guests to jot down a favorite memory individuals, their favorite a part of your wedding ceremony or some "marriage advice" (serious or funny) around the cards. Prior to the meal, they can hand them to the best man or drop them in a basket on top table - some of the best ones can be read throughout the speeches and can be very entertaining!